Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Vintage Poppy Creations

Today has been glorious so far (except for that weird dream I had last night, but I'm DEFINITELY not going to get into that here). I was featured on the EtsyGreetings blog, which you should all go check out. I went down the shore yesterday. I didn't have to go to work early, so that was good. After I get done at work (2 hours left!) I am going out for drinks with my boyfriend and his friends. But wait! There's more! I found this totally awesome shop called Vintage Poppy Creations! Check it out!

I love rainy days brooch



1) Your shop name:
Vintage Poppy Creations

2) Your real name:
Amanda

3) Your favorite breakfast cereal:
Mmmm...I like kid cereals. My favorite is probably a tie between Fruity Pebbles and Froot Loops! :)

4) When did you begin creating?
When I was little! My mom is really crafty and I was always in the middle of some project.

5) Got a day job?
I'm a nanny for a 3 year old boy. 8:00am - 6:00pm, Monday - Friday!


Sweet Robot T-shirt



6) Your inspirations:
COLOR! I love lots of color. Things that remind me of my childhood (the late 80's!), and things that make me happy... Like cupcakes and robots and such!

7) Weirdest thing you've ever made:
Umm...not sure. I haven't really made anything too weird. But when I was younger I painted some really ugly-weird paintings that I am now totally embarrassed of but my mom won't let me get rid of them!

8) Creation that you are most proud of:
I'm still working on it. :) But I'm proud of most of the things I make. If I weren't I sure wouldn't sell them or share them with others! I tend to be a perfectionist when it comes to making things for other people.

9) Explain your shop name
Well.... I love poppies and I love vintage/vintage inspired things (particulary home decor). However, I have nothing that is actually vintage in my shop at the moment other than some vintage buttons and lace! I thought the name had a nice ring to it!

10) Final thoughts?
I've always had a dream of opening my own shop to sell my creations from. When I first started getting into selling the things I made, I hated going around to shops asking if they would sell my things because around where I lived, the answer always seemed to be "No". So one day I hope to open up my own shop and open it to other young budding artists/crafters. I feel that Etsy is just another step towards that!


Tooth Pillows



Please go visit Vintage Poppy Creations, and keep checking back for more interviews with amazing Etsy sellers!

1 comment:

LoveDynamite said...

Hola chica!!
cool shop I'll send you my answers some time today
:D