Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Renee Fensin Designs

I work at a hardware store, in case you haven't picked that up from every other post I've made. You know what I find fascinating? This jewelry by Renee Fensin Designs. She has taken washers and made them into jewelry (among the other fantastic pieces she has in her shop)! Take a look!


Anni Necklace



1) Your shop name:
Renee Fensin Designs

2) Your real name:
Renee Fensin

3) Your favorite breakfast cereal:
Peanut Butter Captain Crunch - but I haven't eaten it in a while.

4) When did you begin creating?
I started creating when I was young. I can remember selling barettes and embellished t-shirts in grade school. I started making jewelry in college.

5) Got a day job?
I am an Associate Wealth Management Advisor (how's that for a fancy title?) Basically we help people reach their financial goals.

6) Your inspirations:
Anything and everything. Nature, the city, and especially my daughter.


Vivienne



7) Weirdest thing you've ever made:
I once made a belt out of washers and ribbon (similar to the Anni necklace in my store) it looked really cool but weighed a ton.

8) Creation that you are most proud of:
My Vivienne necklace. It is named after my daughter and a portion of the proceeds go to an organization helping orphans in China who are waiting to find their forever families.

9) Explain your shop name:
Not very unique but I wanted people to be able to identify my jewelry with me.

10) Final thoughts?
I love the process of creating jewelry and I hope that people love my creations. Nothing gives me more creative pleasure than when my pieces find the right home.


Moonstone Blossom



Please go visit Renee Fensin Designs, and keep checking back for more interviews with amazing Etsy sellers!

No comments: