Monday, June 11, 2007

WebGal

My mind is racing, my heart is beating fast, I have the chills. Am I sick? Nope. Did I just run up fifteen flights of stairs? Nope again. What is it, then? I'm in love. I am head over heels in love with the fantastic jewelry by WebGal!


Funky Purple Passion Bracelet



1) Your shop name:
WebGal

2) Your real name:
Anne Moss Rogers

3) Your favorite breakfast cereal:
It varies but this week it's pecan granola mixed with Great Grains. Next week it could be chopped tree bark over grits. I'm just living on the edge!

4) When did you begin creating?
At birth. I painted a copy of the Sistine Chapel on my attic ceiling at the age of 2.5. Okay, that is a bit of an exaggeration. I started early, though. I've been making things ever since I can remember. I was 12 when someone asked me to make things for her gift shop. I was thrilled.

5) Got a day job?
Yes. I'm a freelance writer, web developer and webmistress for some websites. I have written ads for the majority of 20 years. Radio, TV, magazine, newspaper and brochures. In the last few years, I've gotten into web sites. I design some, write all and am hired to basically market things on the web.

6) Your inspirations:
My mother, Warhol, John Hardy and jewelry designers who design for the upscale stores on Saks Fifth avenue. I work with a diamond dealer in NY and when I go up there (I live in Virginia), I meet some really nifty people.


Bracelet with Attitude is not for the Faint of Fashion



7) Weirdest thing you've ever made:
A palm tree from coat hangars and sewn cloth.

8) Creation that you are most proud of:
My boys. I am a mother after all.

9) Explain your shop name:
I guess I spend lots of time on the internet creating things for clients. My screen name on a web forum I manage is webmistress. I go by webgal on another forum, so it sort of defines how I spend a lot of my time.

10) Final thoughts?
You don't mean final as in, dead sort of final. No, you don't mean that. You are welcome to see my website: annemoss.com. I love writing, it pays well but I miss creating with my hands. So that is why I started making jewelry. I've made many different things but I always go back to jewelry. It's my grandmother's fault.


Ivory and Lace Double Strand Causes Double Take



Please go visit WebGal, and keep checking back for more interviews with amazing Etsy sellers!

1 comment:

Over The Top Aprons said...

Your work is lovely. Very nice site.;