Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Erica Leigh Designs

I must admit, I'm in sort of a rush today. I'm performing with my choir. We're singing at a friend's wedding. My secret life as a musician, heh heh heh. Anyway, I'm supposed to be leaving my house in four minutes, but I could help but do a feature before I go. Today's victim, er... featured seller is Erica Leigh Designs.


Jailhouse Jumper



1) Your shop name:
Erica Leigh Designs

2) Your real name:
Erica Leigh! :)

3) Your favorite breakfast cereal:
Ha, that's a hard one. I'd have to say Apple Jacks!

4) When did you begin creating?
Um, around sophomore year of high school? That was about 4 years ago. My mom taugh me how to make tote bags and she made me make them for all my friends when they had birthdays. I started experimenting with making purses and clothes last year though.

5) Got a day job?
I'm a college student. Does that count?

6) Your inspirations:
Vintage fashions, art, films...anything and everything that catches my eye.


Vintage Paisley Olive Green Hobo Bag with Satin Bow Tie and Buttons



7) Weirdest thing you've ever made:
A friendship bracelet out of a plastic lei.

8) Creation that you are most proud of:
The black hooded top with pink trim and bow. it was one of the first tops I ever made!

9) Explain your shop name:
Well, it's really simple. it's just my first and middle name with "designs" added on. i couldn't think of anything else to call it at the time.

10) Final thoughts?
I love making things! i think that sewing is a great creative outlet. Plus, I love fashion and think that it's one of the best ways a person can express themselves with. Also, anyone who wants to add me on myspace: www.myspace.com/ericaleighdesigns.

Thank you!!!


Hot Pink Mod Tunic Top with Short Sleeves and Black Lace Overlay




Please go visit Erica Leigh Designs, and keep checking back for more interviews with amazing Etsy sellers!