Monday, June 25, 2007

Jen Nixon Designs

I'm inspired! In about five minutes, I am going to start on the most AMAZING project, and it's going to be the start of my complete overhaul on my shop, the kickoff of which will be on July 7, 2007 when I start my Lucky 7 sale. More information about that will be posted on Saturday! I'm very excited. This new project is going to be AWESOME!

But, you know what else is awesome? Jewelry by Jen Nixon Designs!


Grapes and Berries Necklace



1) Your shop name:
Jen Nixon Designs

2) Your real name:
Jennifer Jeffcoat Nixon

3) Your favorite breakfast cereal:
Kellogg's Yogurt and Berries.

4) When did you begin creating?
I began making jewelry in November, 2006 due to my doctor's suggestion to lower stress.

5) Got a day job?
I was working as an elementary teacher, but now I stay and home, and I am devoting my days to launching my jewelry business.

6) Your inspirations:
Beads! I think beads are so pretty. I love to go to the store and look at them and touch them all. Then I bring them home and let them show me what they want to be!


Pink Ice Cubes Set-Necklace, Bracelet, and Earrings



7) Weirdest thing you've ever made:
I tried to make a brooch for my husband's grandmother. It was SUPPOSED to look like a bouquet of wrapped flowers. Instead it looked like a tangle of weeds! My husband says it is kinda neat and now the cat plays with it!

8) Creation that you are most proud of:
I am currently most proud of the pearl ring in my shop because I am just learning. I am also pretty proud of my blueberry quartz necklace.

9) Explain your shop name:
Well, I really wanted to have a super cool play on words type name. It never happened. Since they are my designs, I gave it my name.

10) Final thoughts?
I love it when someone buys one of my pieces, but I also hate to see them go :(

Visit Jen Nixon's blog here:
http://jennixondesigns.blogspot.com


Beaded Memory Wire Bracelet



Please go visit Jen Nixon Designs, and keep checking back for more interviews with amazing Etsy sellers!

3 comments:

Sandra Eileen said...

What a nice interview with the creative mind behind JenNixon.... am glad to hear that she is reducing her stress by making jewelry... creative outlets are great.

LoveDynamite said...

Interesting when will you tell us more about the lucky seven?

Allison said...

On Saturday, Lovedynamite.

After that, I'm going to release my new awesome product and kick off the revamping of my shop.

It's going to be AWESOME! :D