Friday, June 22, 2007

Sinnerlady

I found out something awesome in the Blue Room Chat last night. I have a following! People actually read my blog. Faaaaaaaantastic! I'm totally excited about that. But, you know what else I'm totally excited about? This awesome art by Sinnerlady!


Church i. Original 8x10 in. color photograph



1) Your shop name:
Sinnerlady

2) Your real name:
Kimberly

3) Your favorite breakfast cereal:
Crispix.

4) When did you begin creating?
I probably began creating around three years of age. I remember drawing, coloring, and making collages with my grandmother (who is still a great support). In third grade, I determined I would be an artist in response to a career project, and here I am.

5) Got a day job?
I am currently a special education teacher for emotionally disturbed (but wonderful and creative) students at a non-profit.

6) Your inspirations:
The inspiration is never ending. I tend to draw from world news, history, and often attempt to convey a message with some of my works. My friends, family, students, and emotions also have their influence.


public expression in baltimore. original 8x10 in. color photograph



7) Weirdest thing you've ever made:
The weirdest thing I ever made... Hmmm... I created an oil painting of a young girl and over her eyes I painted the staples I had from surgery years back (yes, I had photographed the staples... How could I resist something so visually captivating?).

8) Creation that you are most proud of:
I am either most proud of my stich girl or my portrait of Nelson Mandela.

9) Explain your shop name:
Sinnerlady is part of a Charles Mingus album title, "The Black Saint and the Sinnerlady".

10) Final thoughts?
This is the pressure question where I need to divulge something of significance, eh? To be serious, over the past three years or so I have truly renewed my vows to develop my art. Art is an integral part of who I am, and I hope that my creations will bring joy and visual excitement to others. I also hope that I can create art that is thought provoking and meaningful for others.


Billie s Blues. Original 8x10 in. Color Photograph



Please go visit Sinnerlady, and keep checking back for more interviews with amazing Etsy sellers!

No comments: