Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Rocca Designs

I'm getting my hair cut in two and a half hours! I'm so excited! It's going to be very choppy with bangs. I'll probably post a picture here after it's done. I hope it doesn't suck! What do I need after all this? Gorgeous jewelry by Rocca Designs!


SERPENTINE NECKLACE



1) Your shop name:
Rocca Designs

2) Your real name:
Carolina Estrada

3) Your favorite breakfast cereal:
Kellogg's Special K. It is actually the only one I'll eat!

4) When did you begin creating?
I started in middle school. I made little seed bead necklaces. I started selling to others about 5 years ago, and it became a business last year.

5) Got a day job?
Yes, I work full time, and I am a wife and mommy.

6) Your inspirations:
Silvia Tcherassi. She is a Colombian fashion designer who has made her own way in the world fashion scene. I want to emulate her drive and admire her vision.


ROSE AND AVENTURINE EARRINGS



7) Weirdest thing you've ever made:
The other day I made an ID badge holder, the 1st one ever. It was a special request for someone. That is weird for me because I had never made one before, but my business is branching out to other accessories besides jewelry.

8) Creation that you are most proud of:
A painting I made for my mother in high school. It is a beautiful landscape. She still has it hanging in her bedroom.

9) Explain your shop name:
Rocca: the first part represents my husband's name and the 2nd part, mine. The "c" in the middle represents the creative process.

10) Final thoughts?
Thank you for letting me participate in this blog.


AT ART HOUSE - CHERRY QUARTZ NECKLACE



Please go visit Rocca Designs, and keep checking back for more interviews with amazing Etsy sellers!

No comments: