Monday, June 18, 2007

Decadence Designs

Today is my day off from work. Seriously. I am so incredibly excited I don't even know what to do with myself. Oh wait, yes I do. ETSY! I had a super-cool idea for something SUPER FUN to do with the Etsy community, but I'm going to put it in a separate post, because I do NOT want to take attention away from the wonderful shop I'm featuring today: Decadence Designs Check it out!


Silverware Windchime



1) Your shop name:
Decadence Designs

2) Your real name:
Heather Whamond

3) Your favorite breakfast cereal:
I usually don't eat breakfast, but when I do I LOVE cold pizza :D

4) When did you begin creating?
I've always been creating, but I didn't kick it into high gear until last summer :)

5) Got a day job?
Yep! I am a software tester.

6) Your inspirations:
I find inspiration all around me, mostly in nature and my daughter. The oddest source of inspiration was a slice of lime that was garnishing my breakfast one Sunday. Each little juice pocket was perfect and it looked like a stained glass window.


Mabel and Evelyn, 1939 - ACEO



7) Weirdest thing you've ever made:
I wouldn't say that I've made anything weird, but my first windchime was a bit... awkward.

8) Creation that you are most proud of:
I love my windchimes! They are made out of old and tarnished silverware, some beautiful glass beads and some wire.

9) Explain your shop name:
My boyfriend came up with the name. He calls me Princess Decadence, which makes my creations Decadence Designs. I also like the fact that, IMHO, to be decadent is to be spoiled and I am all about spoiling myself! :D

10) Final thoughts?
I feel that all of my creations are little pieces of myself. If I don't feel that a piece is ready to leave the nest, it does not leave my home for a craft show or get posted on Etsy. I only ever broke this rule once - because I had less than 12 hours to get ready for a craft show. I grabbed every item in sight, including a box that I wasn't thrilled about. We set up the night before and the women running the show shopped the night before, picking out their favorite items to purchase the next day. The box that I wasn't sure about was the first thing that one of the organizers bought :) Shows what *I* know about my pieces! :D


Green Dragonfly Repurposed Cigar Box



Please go visit Decadence Designs, and keep checking back for more interviews with amazing Etsy sellers!

No comments: