Saturday, May 12, 2007

Wow, I haven't updated this dealie since February? This warrants an update, I think.

Let's see... what have I been up to?

Well, for starters, I have a new job. I am a cashier at a hardware store. While this is wonderful, it makes for MUCH less time for Etsy and making new items in general. I am very sad about this, but I honestly just needed a much steadier income that I could count on. Besides, the hardware store isn't half bad. Since it's a small chain store, it's not busy ALL the time. This means I can troll the Etsy forums and I get to talk to my co-workers a lot. Plus, sometimes I have time to fill orders for my Etsy shop and I can ship them out during lunch breaks. Also, I get 20% off, and some of the things that we sell can be used for new items in my shop! All in all, it's probably the best retail job I've ever had. Except that I'm exhausted... But whatever.

As for Etsy and making things in general...

I got a button maker. Now I can make goodies like this:


I kinda like the button maker a lot. I'm currently brainstorming a WHOLE slew of ideas of things to do with it. Also, now I can do promos.

Speaking of promos, I just finished making a whole lot of promos to be sent out with my orders. They are REALLY cute, but VERY time consuming to make. They are little books: they have a green paper cover and some white paper inside. The front has my signature "teeth" on it and says "Less Than Three Designs". The back has information about my Etsy shop and my website on it.

OH! My website! Yes. I launched my website at the beginning of April. It's a lot of fun, but as of right now, it doesn't do too much. I'm redesigning it so that it's more useful/easier to navigate/not so juvenile. We'll see how that goes. I think I'm going to have to buy HTML for Dummies or something... :P

One last thing before I go: my sister and I are planning on doing the Artist's Alley for Otakon, an anime festival in Baltimore. It's in July (the same weekend the new Harry Potter book comes out--I'm going to pre-order mine and pick it up while in Baltimore because I AM that much of a loser). Hopefully we'll be able to get our stuff together by the festival! It should go pretty well. Hopefully. We'll see!

Until next time,
Allison

No comments: