Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Ambient Design

So, things have calmed down considerably since yesterday. I have the day off from work today. I'm going to hang out with some friends. I'm not sure what we'll be doing, but I AM sure of one thing: I am going to HAVE to show them the items in a shop called Ambient Design. GORGEOUS!


Capistrano Necklace



1) Your shop name:
Ambient Design

2) Your real name:
Angela Burke

3) Your favorite breakfast cereal:
I'm not generally a cereal person, but when I need my fiber, I like Kashi GoLean! Crunch with some soy milk and berries.

4) When did you begin creating?
From the age of three. My grandmother taught me how to sew my own doll clothes at that age.

5) Got a day job?
Yes. I'm a high school English teacher. Sometimes it's inspiring, and sometimes it's just plain exhausting.

6) Your inspirations:
Nature, my favorite works of literature, found and vintage objects like old textiles and old books, high fashion, my favorite pieces of music, and the people in my life.


You Are So Deer To Me Card in Leaf Green



7) Weirdest thing you've ever made:
I don't know if I've ever made anything truly bizarre, but I did knit my dog a sweater (sans pattern!) that my husband-to-be is pretty embarrassed by when he walks the dog in cold weather.

8) Creation that you are most proud of:
EVER? It's so hard to choose. I'm quite proud of the sexy off-the-shoulder sweater I knit myself. I'm also designing jewelry for my bridesmaids right now that I think will be quite stunning. In my shop, I'm very proud of my shell dagger earrings. I think they're pretty without being saccharine.

9) Explain your shop name:
My initials are A.M.B. I wanted something that reflected me but wasn't necessarily my name. "Ambient" means to completely surround or envelop something--- I liked the idea of being enveloped by creativity and independent design all the time. That's what I enjoy most about my life.

10) Final thoughts?
I love Etsy and am amazed by so many people's work on the site. I hope it continues to grow as an amazing gateway for artists!


Silver Shell Dagger Earrings



Please go visit Ambient Design, and keep checking back for more interviews with amazing Etsy sellers!

No comments: