Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Sea Within

It's been a long day. I know I post this EVERY day, but seriously. I just went to the world's most difficult funeral, and I could use a chance to unwind before the American Idol finals. So, what am I doing? Perusing Etsy, of course. What did I find? The Sea Within!


Animal Crackers Purse



1) Your shop name:
The Sea Within

2) Your real name:
Nadine H.

3) Your favorite breakfast cereal:
Granola and yogurt. Does that count? I don't really like cereal.

4) When did you begin creating?
I can't remember ever not creating something.

5) Got a day job?
I'm learning to be a Guide Dog Trainer, which will eventually turn into a 'real' job for me.

6) Your inspirations:
Nature.


Beehive Purse



7) Weirdest thing you've ever made:
Hmm...I'm sure I made lots of really weird stuff as a kid. I can't think of anything in particular though.

8) Creation that you are most proud of:
My pleated purses because they are the first pattern I made that I really liked. I am incredible in love with a lot of the new fabrics I have been finding, especially my beehive one.

9) Explain your shop name:
I used to be working on a PhD in Zoology because I switched gears to train guide dogs. While in my PhD programme, a friend of mine and I found this old science book at a book sale called 'The Sea Within'. It was all about body fluids (water and solute balence) and had some great figures and hilarious figure captions such as 'disease will shrivel you up like an old apple' and 'excess potassium will result in death' with a skull and cross bones as the figure.

10) Final thoughts?
Etsy is the best! I love it!


Rethinking Pink Purse



Please go visit The Sea Within, and keep checking back for more interviews with amazing Etsy sellers!

1 comment:

Kiley said...

I am in love with that beehive purse!