Saturday, January 26, 2008

Long Live Kucinich!



I found out a few days ago that Dennis Kucinich withdrew from the Presidential race. Since then, I have been very distressed. Kucinich was sure to garnish my vote, as well as several others from people who love him. His policies were amazing: national health care, anti-Iraq war, and not asking the underdog to sacrifice anymore.

About a week before he withdrew from the election, several news stations stated that they would no longer be covering Kucinich's progress in the primaries (along with several other candidates). After reading the article on CNN (which I can no longer find a copy of, sorry), I was livid. I wanted to know why.

And now I do.

Kucinich has a big mouth, and he's not afraid to speak his mind. This is both a terrible and terrific thing. After watching this Youtube video, it became quite clear why Kucinich was forced to withdrawal. He wants the rich to be the ones to sacrifice. If it's not clear how this speech had an effect on his candidacy, let me spell it out for you.

A) Kucinich makes speech.
B) Media hears speech.
C) Media feels threatened, being one of the big guys who would be called on their b.s.
D) Media decides to put an end to Kucinich before he can do them any harm.
E) Media cuts Kucinich's coverage.
F) Since Kucinich isn't getting any coverage, people begin to think he has already withdrawn.
G) Kucinich gets no votes in the following states' primaries.
H) Kucinich withdraws due to no votes.

It's a shame how some people have all the power, and the little guy has none. Kucinich is such a radical in his own way. I think he's about ten years ahead of his time.

And I think it's about time we, the little guys, stand up for what and who we believe in. I believe in Kucinich, and I think it's time for change!

1 comment:

ara133photography said...

Wow, I didn't know much about him, this was really an interesting read!! Thanks!!