Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Wow. I haven't made a new Etsy product in FOREVER...

I did revamp my shop not too long ago... I'm going to include a screenshot of the first page of my shop. You can see how the photography is changing and stuff like that. Plus, I also made an awesome new banner.

See?



So, maybe the picture's a little too small. You'd probably be better off just checking it out for yourself if you feel so inclined. That's REALLY not the reason for this post, though.

As I said before, I haven't made a new product in FOREVER. So, I was in the Red Room Chat on Etsy last night, and I was saying how I wanted to write Bryan an email completely in binary (which I did do--I used a translator. It was hard.), and another girl asked me if I was fluent. I said no, and she said that she was fluent in both binary and sign language. And of course, I was like, "That's so cool! I want to learn!" She told me that her mother was deaf, so it was really her first language. And then another girl in the room said that she, too, was fluent in sign language because her daughter was deaf. And then it hit me. Make sign language cards. So, right now, I'm in the process of making cards with a font I found that's all finger spelling. So far I have "Happy Birthday" and "I Love You". You know, the basics. I'm thinking about making some birthday invitations, though. They would be MAD cool...

I'm VERY excited about all of this. Pictures shortly. :)

In addition to all of this, I upgraded my Flickr. I'm now a pro! I'm in the process of joining lots of REALLY neat groups. Also, pictures from my Boston vacation are up there. Take a look!

I guess that's it for now. Last post left a bit of a cliffhanger... My knee is fine. It only acted up that one time. I don't get it, but I don't care. I figured out what to do for the The Crafting Patch Etsy Market, and I've started getting my stuff together for that. I'm not moving to Boston. Although my vacation was great, it is FAR too expensive to live there right now. I'd have to be homeless or something, and I don't think that'd be conducive for studying, you know? Work isn't as bad as it was before (although I did have a co-worker tell me I was fat), and I think it'll be a nice change of pace for school to start.

So, in a nutshell, that's basically it. I should be back in a while to add some pictures of the new line of cards. Yay!

No comments: